Dr. Andreas Neus
Head of Future & Trends Research and Deputy Managing Director
Dr. Andreas Neus, Deputy Managing Director (authorized agent/Handlungsvollmacht), leads the Future & Trends research group at GfK Verein, which examines the future of markets, market research, and market decision making. To explore the “Future of Market Research” it is important to understand how new technologies and trends will affect the availability and quality of data about behavior in markets, increased transparency, lowered transaction costs due to new communication and payment systems, as well as disruptive platforms and value creation models.
New technical solutions for visualizing large amounts of data for decision support and interactive data analysis on the one hand, and machine learning on the other hand, will change the way companies make decisions in the future. Furthermore, it is important to understand, how the growing group of “digital natives” want to communicate, cooperate, consume and make decisions – both as consumers and increasingly as decisionmakers in companies.
Before joining GfK Verein, Andreas Neus headed the Service Innovation Lab at the KIT's Karlsruhe Service Research Institute, where he focused on disruptive innovation in information-based business models, and was the Media & Entertainment EMEA lead at IBM's think-tank "Institute for Business Value" in Amsterdam. Since 1999 he was responsible for managing innovation and transformation projects for media companies in Europe and North America.
- Neus, A., Buder, F., Galdino, F. (2017). Are You Too Successful to Digitalize? How to Fight Innovation Blindness. GfK Marketing Intelligence Review, Vol. 9, No. 1 (May), pp. 30-35. doi 10.1515/gfkmir-20170005
- Kohler, M., Fromm, H., Neus, A. (2012). Open Innovation in Service Firms – An Exploratory Study on Implementation and Potentials for Development. Proceedings of the 5th Annual Conference of the Academy of Innovation and Entrepreneurship – AIE 2012, Macau, China
- Schulteß, P., Wegener, S., Neus, A., Satzger, G. (2010). Innovating for and with your service customers: An assessment of the current practice of collaborative service innovation in Germany. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences 2(4). 6503–6515
- Jetter, M., Satzger, G., Neus, A. (2009). Technological Innovation and its Impact on Business Model, Organization and Corporate Culture. Business & Information Systems Engineering (1). 37–45
- Berman, S. J., Battino, B., Shipnuck, L., Neus, A. (2008). The End of Advertising as we know it. In: Television Goes Digital, Darcy Gerbarg [Ed.], 29-55, Springer
- Neus, A., Scherf, P. (2005). Opening Minds – Cultural Change with the Introduction of Open-Source Collaboration Methods. In: IBM Systems Journal Special Issue on Open Source, 44(2). 215-225
- Neus, A. (2001). Managing Information Quality in Virtual Communities of Practice: Lessons Learned from a Decade of exploding Internet Communication. In: Pierce, E. & Katz-Haas. R. (Eds.): Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Quality at MIT, Boston, MA, Sloan School of Management